Where are we located?
Where do I park and which entrance do I use to get in the building?
Is a prescription required in order to receive physical therapy?
What should I expect on my first visit?
What should I bring to my first visit?
- Medical and surgical history reports, including results of any tests performed such as MRI, x-ray, urodynamics study, defecography, etc.
- List of medications (prescriptions and/or over-the-counter medication)
- Referring doctor’s written prescription for physical therapy. If you do not have one, you may print our copy here and bring it to your doctor for his/her signature.
- Insurance card and photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
What should I expect during subsequent treatment sessions?
A significant part of your treatment plan will include education addressing the causes of your pain or dysfunction. This will include a home exercise program that will consist of strengthening and stretching exercises, and techniques which can be used to manage your symptoms. In some cases, patients are asked to record the symptoms and activities which take place at home, and may include the completion of a bladder or bowel diary if bladder or bowel complaints are part your symptoms. Your physical therapist may also recommend the use of biofeedback (a device used to monitor pelvic muscle activity) to further assist you with muscle retraining as part of incontinence training or treatment of pelvic pain conditions.
What do the letters in your title mean?
W.C.S. indicates Women’s Health Clinical Specialist. A WCS is a licensed therapist who:
- Has proven they have the knowledge, skill, and experience unique to the area of women’s health practice by successfully passing the Women’s Health Clinical Specialist Board Examination
- Is certified in Women’s Health Physical Therapy by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
- Has completed a minimum of 2000 hours of women’s health clinical practice.
Hours of Operation
MON – THURS
9:00am – 7:00pm
9:00am – 5:00pm
SAT - SUN
We are closed
280 North Central Avenue
Hartsdale, NY 10530
Drop Us a Line
Let us know if you have any questions!