Pelvic Health & Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy For Every Body
Call 914-831-9575 for an Appointment Today
Want to know if you have Diastasis Recti or Diastasis Recti Abdominus (DRA)?
Enter your email for access to this exclusive content and videos plus learn 3 exercises you can do to help yourself.
Do you have problems ‘down there’?
Is it coming from your pelvic floor?
Can pelvic physical therapy help me fix it?
Welcome to Hudson Valley Physical Therapy
Founded in 2010, HVPT is a therapist owned private practice located in Hartsdale (Westchester County), New York. Our practice specializes in pelvic health physical therapy for ALL genders.
We are passionate about providing physical therapy care for those suffering with:
- bladder issues, such as leaking urine
- bowel issues, including constipation
- pelvic pain, including pain with sex
- orthopedic conditions such as SI Joint pain, tailbone pain, hip pain
Are you pregnant, in your 4th trimester or many months, even years, post partum?
Are you also frustrated with bladder, bowel or pelvic pain issues?
Do you have diastasis recti and don’t know what to do about it?
Do you want to start an exercise routine or return to your pre-pregnant work out program, but don’t know where to start??
We can also help you on your journey to feeling better. Your self care starts now.
Our therapy can play a key role in treating these conditions and the potential contributing factors that may accompany these issues which affect the mind, body and spirit.
At Hudson Valley Physical Therapy, our mission is to enhance the overall physical health, quality of life and wellness of all genders and help you return to the lifestyle you enjoy. We are open minded and respectful of all orientations, ethnicities and religious affiliations.
We are committed to providing high quality, individualized physical therapy. Your healing is our priority and our main goal is to get you back to living the life you want to live!
HVPT Physical Therapists Geri White, Rachel Wright, Erin Flynn, and Deana Napolitano-Caputo
- Combined 25+ years of pelvic health physical therapy experience and over 30 years of physical therapy experience
- Individualized, personalized care
- 60-minute appointments with the same physical therapist to allow time to listen to your story and address your concerns
- To keep our patients and staff safe, we have all been fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19
HVPT Is Hiring!
Hudson Valley Physical Therapy is looking for team members to join our amazing team. As our pelvic health program grows, we are always looking for talented therapists to join our HVPT team.
What We Treat
Low back pain
Muscle pull or strains in the pelvic and/or groin region
Post hip labral tear or other injuries of the hip
Sacrioliac joint pain/dysfunction
Tailbone/Coccyx pain or injury
Pain before, during or after a bowel movement
Anal Incontinence (involuntary loss of stool or gas or staining of underclothes)
Incomplete Defecation (inability to have a complete bowel movement)
Urinary frequency (urinating more than every 2 hours)
Urinary urgency (strong urge to void, but often the bladder is not full)
Stress incontinence (loosing urine w/ coughing/sneezing/laughing)
Urge incontinence (inability to hold urine during strong urges)
Post Prostatectomy Urinary Leakage
Interstitial cystitis, also known as Painful Bladder Syndrome
Post Abdominal Surgery care (such as Hernia repair, Endometriosis Excision surgery or Small Bowel Obstruction surgery)
Post Pelvic Surgery Care (such as Pelvic Reconstruction surgery, Hernia Repair, Circumcision, Vasectomy, Hemorrhoid surgery)
Pelvic Pain Syndromes
Genital pain (Such as Vulvovaginal Pain, Testicular Pain, Penile Pain, Anorectal Pain)
Levator ani syndrome
Pain during intercourse
Painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis
Painful urination (not related to UTI)
Persistent genital arousal disorder
Post-surgical pain in the pelvis, groin, or genital region
Pudendal nerve entraptment
Pre-Natal and Post-Partum Physical Therapy
Low back or SI joint pain
Pain with intercourse (dyspareunia)
Persistent episiotomy scar pain
Pelvic organ prolapse
Post-op caesarean section pain
Post-partum postural re-education and strengthening
Pubic symphysis pain
Urinary or fecal incontinence
Our Physical Therapy Services include:
- One-on-one sessions in a private treatment room.
- Comprehensive musculoskeletal and biomechanical evaluation including pelvic floor muscle assessment.
- Advanced external and/or internal manual therapy techniques such as soft tissue mobilization, myofascial release, visceral manipulation, nerve manipulation, craniosacral therapy, and scar massage.
- Biofeedback for muscle recruitment and/or relaxation.
- Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging (RUSI) – an advanced training tool for pelvic health patients.
- Electrical stimulation for neuromuscular re-education or pain control.
- Bladder and bowel retraining.
- Therapeutic exercises such as Kegel’s, postural re-education, muscle relaxation, core stabilization, home program instruction.
- Yoga exercise program.
- Flexibility exercises.
- Instruction in self-management techniques to reduce symptoms and improve quality of life.
Featured News and Events
A recipe for a better day with endometriosis
* note. Endometriosis affects individuals born with a uterus. We will be using the term women in this blog but acknowledge that endometriosis affects women, trans men, and non-binary individuals. March is endometriosis awareness month. Endometriosis happens...
View the latest from Instagram
What People Are Saying
Hours of Operation
MONDAY & WEDNESDAY
9:00am – 7:00pm
TUESDAY & THURSDAY
7:30am – 7:00pm
8:00am – 4:00pm
280 North Central Avenue
Hartsdale, NY 10530
Drop Us a Line
Let us know if you have any questions!