Do you have problems ‘down there’? Is it coming from your pelvic floor? Can pelvic physical therapy help me fix it?
Are you suffering from Diastasis Recti Abdominus (DRA)?
Hudson Valley Physical Therapy
Hudson Valley Physical Therapy, founded in 2010, is a therapist owned private practice located in Hartsdale (Westchester County), New York. Our practice specializes in pelvic health physical therapy for all genders. We offer physical therapy care for abdominal, pelvic or adhesion-related disorders, perinatal musculoskeletal issues, complicated orthopedic/musculoskeletal conditions and care for chronic pain and dysfunction. Our therapy can play a key role in treating these conditions and the potential contributing factors that may accompany these issues which affect the mind, body and spirit.
We constantly strive for excellence by attending educational seminars and professional conferences to learn the most effective evidence-based approaches to succesfully treat our patients and to get them back to living their best life. In turn, we preach what we practice. We teach, just down the road in Dobbs Ferry, in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Mercy College. We introduce graduate physical therapy students to prenatal/pregnancy/postpartum musculoskeletal issues, pelvic health and transgender health and the role of physical therapy in treating these patient populations. We also participate in community and wellness events at local gyms, yoga and Barre studios to teach the principles of pelvic and core health during exercises in order to prevent injury.
At Hudson Valley Physical Therapy, our mission is to enhance the overall physical health, quality of life and wellness of all genders and help them to return to the lifestyle they enjoy. We are open minded and respectful of all orientations, ethnicities and religious affiliations. We are committed to providing high quality, individualized physical therapy. Your healing is our priority. We feel that education and self-empowerment are integral components in each patient’s road to healing, so treatment programs are customized to meet each individual’s specific goals and needs.
Dr. Geri White & Dr. Arántzazu “Zazu” Cioce
- Doctors of Physical Therapy
- Combined 20+ years of pelvic health physical therapy experience and over 30 years of physical therapy experience
- Currently the only pelvic health physical therapy practice in Westchester County that offers Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging (RUSI) – an advance training biofeedback tool
- Individualized care
- 60-minute treatment sessions with the same physical therapist
Low Back Pain
Sacroiliac Joint Pain
Coccygodynia (coccyx or tailbone pain)
Pain before, during or after a bowel movement
Anal Incontinence (involuntary loss of stool or gas or staining of underclothes)
Incomplete Defecation (inability to have a complete bowel movement)
Urinary frequency (urinating more than every 2 hours)
Urinary urgency (strong urge to void, but often the bladder is not full)
Stress incontinence (loosing urine w/ coughing/sneezing/laughing)
Urge incontinence (inability to hold urine during strong urges)
Interstitial cystitis, also known as Painful Bladder Syndrome
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Pelvic Pain Syndromes
Chronic nonbacterial prostatitis (category IIIA or IIIB)
Painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis
Levator ani syndrome
Pre-Natal and Post-Partum Physical Therapy
Low back or SI joint pain
Pubic Symphysis pain
Post Partum postural re-education and strengthening
Post Op Ceasarean section pain
Persistent episiotomy scar pain
Pain with intercourse (dyspareunia)
Urinary or Fecal Incontinence
Our services include:
- One-on-one sessions in a private treatment room.
- Comprehensive musculoskeletal and biomechanical evaluation including pelvic floor muscle assessment.
- Advanced external and/or internal manual therapy techniques such as soft tissue mobilization, myofascial release, visceral manipulation, nerve manipulation, craniosacral therapy, and scar massage.
- Biofeedback for muscle recruitment and/or relaxation.
- Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging (RUSI) – Hudson Valley Physical Therapy is the only Physical Therapy clinic in Westchester County that currently offers this advanced training tool for pelvic health patients.
- Electrical stimulation for neuromuscular re-education or pain control.
- Bladder and bowel retraining.
- Therapeutic exercises such as Kegel’s, postural re-education, muscle relaxation, core stabilization, home program instruction.
- Yoga exercise program.
- Flexibility exercises.
- Instruction in self-management techniques to reduce symptoms and improve quality of life.
Featured News and Events
Today we are going to talk about 3 different types of home devices to perform your kegels. Home Kegel devices are trending as a way to perform your pelvic floor muscle strengthening exercises. But how do you know if a home kegel device is right for you? First, read...