Do you have problems ‘down there’? Is it coming from your pelvic floor? Can pelvic physical therapy help me fix it?
Are you suffering from Diastasis Recti Abdominus (DRA)?
Welcome to Hudson Valley Physical Therapy
Founded in 2010, HVPT is a therapist owned private practice located in Hartsdale (Westchester County), New York. Our practice specializes in pelvic health physical therapy for all genders.
We are passionate about providing physical therapy care for those suffering with:
- bladder issues, such as leaking urine
- bowel issues, including constipation
- pelvic pain, including pain with sex
- orthopedic conditions such as SI Joint pain, tailbone pain, hip pain
Are you pregnant, in your 4th trimester or many months, even years, post partum?
Are you also frustrated with bladder, bowel or pelvic pain issues?
Do you have diastasis recti and don’t know what to do about it?
Do you want to start an exercise routine or return to your pre-pregnant work out program, but don’t know where to start??
We can also help you on your journey to feeling better. Your self care starts now.
Our therapy can play a key role in treating these conditions and the potential contributing factors that may accompany these issues which affect the mind, body and spirit.
At Hudson Valley Physical Therapy, our mission is to enhance the overall physical health, quality of life and wellness of all genders and help you return to the lifestyle you enjoy. We are open minded and respectful of all orientations, ethnicities and religious affiliations.
We are committed to providing high quality, individualized physical therapy. Your healing is our priority and our main goal is to get you back to living the life you want to live!
Dr. Geri White & Dr. Arántzazu “Zazu” Cioce
- Doctors of Physical Therapy
- Combined 20+ years of pelvic health physical therapy experience and over 30 years of physical therapy experience
- Currently the only pelvic health physical therapy practice in Westchester County that offers Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging (RUSI) – an advance training biofeedback tool
- Individualized care
- 60-minute treatment sessions with the same physical therapist
Low Back Pain
Sacroiliac Joint Pain
Coccygodynia (coccyx or tailbone pain)
Pain before, during or after a bowel movement
Anal Incontinence (involuntary loss of stool or gas or staining of underclothes)
Incomplete Defecation (inability to have a complete bowel movement)
Urinary frequency (urinating more than every 2 hours)
Urinary urgency (strong urge to void, but often the bladder is not full)
Stress incontinence (loosing urine w/ coughing/sneezing/laughing)
Urge incontinence (inability to hold urine during strong urges)
Interstitial cystitis, also known as Painful Bladder Syndrome
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Pelvic Pain Syndromes
Chronic nonbacterial prostatitis (category IIIA or IIIB)
Painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis
Levator ani syndrome
Pre-Natal and Post-Partum Physical Therapy
Low back or SI joint pain
Pubic Symphysis pain
Post Partum postural re-education and strengthening
Post Op Ceasarean section pain
Persistent episiotomy scar pain
Pain with intercourse (dyspareunia)
Urinary or Fecal Incontinence
Our services include:
- One-on-one sessions in a private treatment room.
- Comprehensive musculoskeletal and biomechanical evaluation including pelvic floor muscle assessment.
- Advanced external and/or internal manual therapy techniques such as soft tissue mobilization, myofascial release, visceral manipulation, nerve manipulation, craniosacral therapy, and scar massage.
- Biofeedback for muscle recruitment and/or relaxation.
- Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging (RUSI) – Hudson Valley Physical Therapy is the only Physical Therapy clinic in Westchester County that currently offers this advanced training tool for pelvic health patients.
- Electrical stimulation for neuromuscular re-education or pain control.
- Bladder and bowel retraining.
- Therapeutic exercises such as Kegel’s, postural re-education, muscle relaxation, core stabilization, home program instruction.
- Yoga exercise program.
- Flexibility exercises.
- Instruction in self-management techniques to reduce symptoms and improve quality of life.
Featured News and Events
It’s been four months since you welcomed your baby into the world. You have done your prep work, passed the return to running screen, and feel psyched to get out there and start running. You ran up until month six of your pregnancy. Three miles seems like a...
View the latest from Instagram
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/barharb5/public_html/hudsonvalleypt.com/wp-content/plugins/feed-them-social/feeds/instagram/class-fts-instagram-feed.php on line 539