Pelvic Rehabilitation Services
Hudson Valley Physical Therapy emphasizes quality one on one treatment sessions for all.
Our services include:
- One-on-one sessions in a private treatment room.
- Comprehensive musculoskeletal and biomechanical evaluation including pelvic floor muscle assessment.
- Advanced external and/or internal manual therapy techniques such as soft tissue mobilization, myofascial release, visceral manipulation, nerve manipulation, craniosacral therapy, and scar massage.
- Biofeedback for muscle recruitment and/or relaxation.
- Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging (RUSI) – an advanced training biofeedback tool for pelvic health clients
- Electrical stimulation for neuromuscular re-education or pain control.
- Bladder and bowel retraining.
- Therapeutic exercises such as Kegel’s, postural re-education, muscle relaxation, core stabilization, home program instruction.
- Yoga exercise program.
- Flexibility exercises.
- Instruction in self-management techniques to reduce symptoms and improve quality of life.
- Prenatal & Post-Partum Physical Therapy.
Low back pain
Muscle pull or strains in the pelvic and/or groin region
Post hip labral tear or other injuries of the hip
Sacrioliac joint pain/dysfunction
Tailbone/Coccyx pain or injury
Pain before, during or after a bowel movement
Anal Incontinence (involuntary loss of stool or gas or staining of underclothes)
Incomplete Defecation (inability to have a complete bowel movement)
Urinary frequency (urinating more than every 2 hours)
Urinary urgency (strong urge to void, but often the bladder is not full)
Stress incontinence (loosing urine w/ coughing/sneezing/laughing)
Urge incontinence (inability to hold urine during strong urges)
Post Prostatectomy Urinary Leakage
Interstitial cystitis, also known as Painful Bladder Syndrome
Post Abdominal Surgery care (such as Hernia repair, Endometriosis Excision surgery or Small Bowel Obstruction surgery)
Post Pelvic Surgery Care (such as Pelvic Reconstruction surgery, Hernia Repair, Circumcision, Vasectomy, Hemorrhoid surgery)
Pelvic Pain Syndromes
Genital pain (Such as Vulvovaginal Pain, Testicular Pain, Penile Pain, Anorectal Pain)
Levator ani syndrome
Pain during intercourse
Painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis
Painful urination (not related to UTI)
Persistent genital arousal disorder
Post-surgical pain in the pelvis, groin, or genital region
Pudendal nerve entraptment
Pre-Natal and Post-Partum Physical Therapy
Low back or SI joint pain
Pain with intercourse (dyspareunia)
Persistent episiotomy scar pain
Pelvic organ prolapse
Post-op caesarean section pain
Post-partum postural re-education and strengthening
Pubic symphysis pain
Urinary or fecal incontinence
Pregnancy and Postpartum Packages
Our 4 session Perinatal Package Includes:
- One 60 minute one-on-one in office prenatal session at 14 weeks pregnant or more
- One 90 minute in office session on labor and delivery/birth prep at 35-36 weeks pregnant with partner or support person
- One virtual 30 minute session at 2-3 weeks postpartum
- One 60 minute one-on-one in office session at 4-6 weeks postpartum or when medically cleared
Special Inaugural Price: $ 675.00
* Insurance coverage of this package is dependent on your insurance plan. You will be given an itemized superbill that you can submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement
Want to know if this package is right for you?
Complete our questionnaire to find out and our office will get back to you.
Prenatal Pelvic Physical Therapy Screen: 2nd trimester (after 14 weeks pregnant)
A. 60 minute in office visit with licensed pelvic health physical therapist
B. Internal pelvic floor muscle assessment
C. Education on: Core, Breathing, Posture, Core/pelvic floor/hip stabilization strengthening exercises, review and discussion of exercise guidelines during pregnancy
Birth Prep: (~ 35/36 weeks pregnant) with a partner/support person present
A. 90 minute in office session with licensed pelvic health physical therapist
B. Client and partner/support person education
– Phases of labor
– When to advocate for self/partner
C. Internal pelvic floor muscle assessment
D. Perineal massage instruction
E. Positioning to help with the different phases of labor
F. Exercises to help relax the pelvic floor muscles
A. 30 minute virtual session at 2-3 weeks post partum with licensed physical therapist
B. 60 minute in office session with licensed pelvic health physical therapist 4-6 weeks postpartum after cleared by MD
C. Internal pelvic floor muscle assessment
D. Scar management/education (C-section, perineal tears)
E. Assessment and Education on posture, breathing, and body mechanics (breastfeeding, lifting, carrying, etc)
F. When and How to return to exercises
G. Core/pelvic floor/hip strengthening exercises
Other Postpartum Services we offer with our licensed pelvic health physical therapist:
Whether you are a recreational runner or an advanced runner training for races, this package is for you. Your session will be tailored specifically to your running goals.
Postpartum Return to Running Package – $300.00
- 60 minute in office session that includes internal pelvic floor muscle assessment, running assessment and plan of action
- PLUS 2 – 15 minute check-in phone calls or virtual sessions
- Option to add 15 minute check-ins as needed ($55.00 per additional check-in session)
* Insurance coverage of this package is dependent on your insurance plan. You will be given an itemized superbill that you can submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement.
Email: [email protected] or call 914-831-9575.
Hours of Operation
MONDAY & WEDNESDAY
9:00am – 7:00pm
TUESDAY & THURSDAY
7:30am – 7:00pm
8:00am – 4:00pm
280 North Central Avenue
Hartsdale, NY 10530
Drop Us a Line
Let us know if you have any questions!