Position: FULL, PART TIME or Per Diem Pelvic Physical Therapist
Hudson Valley Physical Therapy is looking for team members to join our amazing team. As our pelvic health program grows, we are always looking for talented therapists to join our HVPT team.
About Our Practice:
HVPT, a therapist owned private practice, was founded in 2010 with the mission to provide specialized physical therapy care for those experiencing pelvic health related issues and to enhance the overall physical health, quality of life and wellness of all genders and to help them return to the lifestyle they enjoy.
As a team, we offer a diverse range of skills and experience that allow us to provide a comprehensive approach to the care of the clients we serve. We are also passionate about providing prevention and wellness services not only in pelvic health but also to the prenatal, pregnancy and postpartum populations. Our practice is very active in social media outlets in order to provide education to the community regarding pelvic health conditions and the role of physical therapy. Our team also participates in academic teaching at Mercy College, Graduate Program in Physical Therapy where we provide a lecture on Introduction to Pelvic Health. This model offers various opportunities to practice different roles as a physical therapist.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is flexible and open to change as our practice grows and evolves
- Someone who is able to connect and engage with people on a personal level and not just on a clinical skill level
- Someone who is able to communicate with clients in such a way that they know what you’re doing for them
- Someone who loves to learn and is committed to being part of a team that puts clients first
- Someone with a desire to continue a high level of post graduate education with a goal of working towards certification in pelvic health and/or orthopedic specialty
- Someone who is as passionate as we are in serving the pelvic health needs of our clients
- Someone who can build trust with patients quickly and is motivated to improve their relationships with clients.
- Someone who listens and wants to collaborate as a team and is always striving to make themselves better.
- Someone who is friendly and not camera shy – video is a big part of our practice since we use it for client communication/education, marketing and social media presence.
- Someone who is comfortable with public speaking since we lecture to local graduate DPT students and may also be involved in community workshops/events at local gyms or Mom groups.
- Someone with good manual therapy skills
- Someone who is knowledgeable and competent with social media posting – YouTube, Facebook, Instagram including Reels, TikTok as needed
- Someone who is a highly organized, motivated team player
To be successful in this position, you must:
- Have an active NY State Physical Therapy License
- Be passionate about pelvic health physical therapy. Previous completion of pelvic physical therapy continuing education course work is mandatory.
- Completion of Herman & Wallace PF1, PF2A at minimum or APTA – Academy of Pelvic Health PH1, PH2 at minimum
- Comfortable performing internal and external pelvic floor muscle assessment
- Minimum of 1 year experience in pelvic health PT and 2 years experience in orthopedic physical therapy and manual therapy
- Experience managing clients with a complex medical history
- Build lasting relationships and trust with our clients through open communication and empathy
- Be a lifelong learner who is open to new evidence based interventions/techniques and who stays current with ongoing continuing education
- Provide an exceptional client experience
- Display proficient oral and written communication skills
- Be able to communicate and discuss your clients/patients case and plan of care with their healthcare team including referring providers
- Be technology proficient- HVPT is primarily a digital practice – EMR, Scheduling, Faxing, Home Programs all electronic, etc all done on a laptop or ipad
- Be able to work 1-2 evenings a week until 7pm.
- Demonstrate flexibility and be able to work independently
- Contribute to and participate in clinical in-services, newsletter writing, social media marketing, educational workshops and community events
What We’ve Got For You:
- Work in a supportive environment, where you are encouraged to be yourself
- Ongoing training/mentoring to ensure your success and develop you towards your professional goals
- Opportunities to practice skills, be mentored, and discuss tough cases – on company time
- Reasonable and realistic productivity standards that allow you to enjoy a work-life balance
- 60 minute one:one appointments with 15 minutes between each scheduled client
- Depending on the position – we offer the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Paid administration time for marketing, projects, staff mentoring, etc- scheduled as needed and dependent on position
- Continuing education allowance
- Health care stipend
- Company matched retirement account(available after 1 year of employment
Interested? PLEASE SEND A PERSONALIZED COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME TO: [email protected]